Thursday, January 15, 2015

Planbook: a web-based planner for Ontario teachers

Do you Planbook? (If "Facebook" can be used as a verb now, then I'm going to make "Planbook" a verb too - as I definitely "planbook" more than I "facebook" in my life as an educator).

I began using this online planning tool in 2013 and I have never looked back. Seriously. This is probably the best $12 I spend annually as a teacher. It's even better than coffee on Monday morning during report card season.  It's THAT good! Or I just don't have much of a life.

Some of my favourite features are:

  • you can plan from any computer with internet access

  • you can extend lessons onto the next day if you didn't get them completed (a far-too frequent occurrence in my life)

  • direct links to the Ontario curriculum - really!

  • you can set it up to follow a 5-day schedule like we have in our Board

  • the ability to attach files and insert links makes for easy planning

  • you have access to previous years' plans

  • and did I mention it's only $12 per year? (well, slightly more with the low Canadian dollar right now, but definitely still worth it!)

  • AND THERE IS NOW AN IOS APP!!


Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 9.29.04 PM

(image from planbook.com)

Whenever I am at professional development activities there is always a teacher or two looking over my shoulder as I am planning for the next day's lessons, wondering what program I am using. As far as I know, everyone who I have shown it to has been a convert. Even the self-proclaimed techno-phobes have tried it out and loved it.

Not sure if you want to spring for the $12? No worries. There is a free trial period of 1 month. After a month, you can then pay if you decide to keep the service. If not, there is no obligation. No. Strings. Attached.

No, I'm not affiliated or receiving any monetary compensation yadda yadda. I'm just a very happy customer. I am thinking about buying stocks though. :-)

One of the best parts is that you don't have to sign up for the free trial with a credit card. Really.  Planbook.com is definitely worth a look.

If you have any questions about using it or are looking for tutorials let me know...I can probably help you out.

Check it out - and let me know what you think.

Okay, I'm off to "planbook".

No comments:

Post a Comment