Sunday, March 1, 2015

21st Century Intermediate Classroom Makeover - Pilot Project #rdsb21c

It's official.
My classroom is going to be a pilot project in the Rainbow District School Board for a 21st Century Intermediate Classroom.  I am absolutely over-the-moon.

Stage 1: In the beginning - read about where the classroom started.

Stage 2: A reading space - my students created a reading "room" for the class

Stage 3: Coming soon….

The plan is to create a variety of areas for students to maximize our cave, watering hole, campfire and mountain top learning configurations. I am going to bring in cafe tables, standing-height rectangular tables with stools, tables for seated collaboration, floor seating and, of course, technology.  Best of all…. NO MORE DESKS!
[caption width="500" align="alignnone"] Lumisource adjustable acrylic Cafe table[/caption]
[caption width="250" align="alignnone"] Lumisource Swizzle cafe stools[/caption]

 

I know there are going to be many bumps and challenges along the way, but I am excited and rarin' to go.

Stay tuned over the next few months as my learning space undergoes a transformation.

 

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I'm in the process of doing the same for my classroom... high "bar chairs" for counters along one wall, an area rug with cushions/bean bag chairs and a coffee table, and some lamps for a little more focused lighting. A little bit of paint (possibly a mural across the front of the room?)... I can't wait to see how it turns out (and what the students think of it)! Don't forget to post pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fabulous Heather. My students will be excited to hear that when they leave our school there will be other revitalized classrooms at the high school

    ReplyDelete